Max Cube Loosing its config
Antwort als hilfreich markieren
0Positive Markierungen
Antwort als nicht hilfreich markieren
0Negative Markierungen
Melden Sie diesen Beitrag
04.07.2018, 10:33
Hi all,

Sorry to bring up an old topic. I have a complete setup of a Max! system (Radiator valves, wall thermostats and cube). additionally Ive added a homemade boiler controller using a raspberry Pi and opensource stuff (see https://github.com/asantaga/PiHeating)

It works FAB, using a mixture of Max software + mysoftware and HomeAssistant I have a perfect setup BUT

Every couple of months the Max Cube Looses its config and I need to reinstall it all..
Ive set the polling times to 15-30mins which extends the time but it still happens..

Im on Max Software Version 1.4.5, before I sell up and move to something else (like openTRV), is there a fix for this? or a least a way o programming the valves without going to each one and pressing the pair button?
If the latter were possible them I could get away with a script to reinit the cube when the error is detected.

many thanks
Also I realise this is a german site (using google translate to access) but my german is limited to "Danke!" and a few other words.

Danke again
Angelo

Aw: Max Cube Loosing its config
0Positive Markierungen
0Negative Markierungen
10.07.2018, 21:34
Hi,
and welcome to the club of all Max!Cube users, or should I say loosers?
Sorry to be that sarcastic, but it also happend a lot of times to me as well, and no clear reaction, or solution from eq-3 so far! Many of the useres have this problems.
I think they could help us, but they are not willing to do so.

You can try to sent back your Cube, it might be a hardware problem, if it is still covered under warranty... thats what I did, so far (keep my fingers crossed) it did not happen again, but anyhow it was only 3 weeks ago when I changed it.
Write them directly, complain, ask questions again and again ... thats all we can do.

Maxe!
Aw: Max Cube Loosing its config
0Positive Markierungen
0Negative Markierungen
10.07.2018, 23:52
Thanks Maxe

Alas My cube is over a year old, maybe two.. On the positive side if you dont poll the thing too much it doesnt loose its settings.. I think it lost it once/ maybe twice a year.. not too bad.. but as soon as I added the polling from my PiHeating project it would loose itself every 4-6 weeks.,

Interestingly Ive been discussing this issue with the author of Max Automation (http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/max_home_automation.htm) and he claims hes never had an issue.. He is convinced its dodgy flash memory in the cube so maybe my cube is faulty???... alas i'll never find out.,